Calling all Substitute Teachers! Richard Milburn Academy seeks a sub for the 2016/2017 school year.
Daily rate is based on your highest educational level as follows:
High School = $74.32/Day
Associates Degree = 83.92/Day
Bachelors Degree = $96.64/Day
Masters Degree = $103.76/Day
Interested applicants should submit their resume and an employment application. If you have questions, please contact Mr. Sands (386-304-0086).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
JOB PURPOSE: To enable each student to pursue his/her education as smoothly and completely as possible in the absence of his/her regular teacher.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
1. Reports in a timely manner to the designated administrative office and staff upon arrival the school site.
2. Reviews all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day as provided by appropriate supervisor.
3. Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and the classroom to which assigned.
4. Teaches the lesson (s) outlined and described in the substitute teacher’s plan as prepared by the absent teacher or School Director.
5. Consults as appropriate with the School Director or other appropriate supervisor before initiating any teaching or other procedures not previously specified in the substitute teacher plan.
6. Assumes responsibility for overseeing student behavior in assigned classes and in any other supervisory assignments.
7. Reports on the day’s activities at the conclusion of each teaching day per the routines established by the school.
8. Follows all policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
9. Performs such other related tasks and assumes such other related responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the School Director as appropriate.
1. A High School Diploma, Associate Degree or higher or as required by local regulation from an accredited college or university.
2. A proven ability to work in a polite and friendly manner with a variety of constituencies including parents, students, and staff.
3. Prior experience or formal training in working with “at-risk” students preferred.
4. Experience in effectively handling conflict
5. Must possess a sense of humor.