Calling all Teachers!! Richard Milburn Academy seeks a High School Teacher (9-12) for the 2016/2017 SY.
(Must hold active certification)
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE!!
Interested applicants should submit their resume and an employment application. Please contact Mr. Sands with questions at 386-304-0086.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
JOB PURPOSE: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, knowledgeable, and responsible men and women.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
1. Meet and instructs assigned students in the locations and at the time designated.
2. Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
4. Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
5. Encourages students to set and maintain high standards of classroom behavior and achievement.
6. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum standards and establishes clear objectives which reflect these standards for all lessons, units, and projects.
7. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media.
8. Implements the school’s mission, philosophy of education and instructional standards and objectives.
9. Assesses and documents the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
10. Documents the learning problems of students and seeks the assistance of specialists as required.
11. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
12. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, school policy, and administrative regulation.
13. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct and, for the classroom behavior and procedure, maintaining order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
14. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
15. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for educational assistant(s) and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with supervisors, assesses their job performance.
16. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence especially as relates to the specific assignment and student grade and subject area appropriateness.
17. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
18. Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with others.
19. Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students, colleagues, and parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of assigned students.
20. Performs such other related tasks and assumes such other related responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the School Director as appropriate.
1. A Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
2. Maintains a valid teacher certification which is grade level and subject area appropriate for the particular assignment as required by federal, state or local regulations, laws or regulatory bodies including the No Child Left Behind Act; which includes current state certification, acceptable scores on mandatory tests or other documentation meeting the requirements set forth by our organization and /or regulatory bodies for this position.
3. Prior experience or formal training in working with “at-risk” students preferred.
4. A proven ability to work in a polite and friendly manner with a variety of constituencies including parents, students, and staff.
5. Ability to effectively educate and manage students from varying backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
6. Experience in effectively handling conflict.
7. Must possess a sense of humor.
8. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company may find appropriate and acceptable.